Sometimes life gets busy!

This season at the shelter has been quite full. We've had a house full of non-typical and difficult cases that have required more from me as a manager than I have ever experienced before. Challenge, although not often sought, is something that God uses to bring me to a place of more dependence on Him. This is definitely true for me this past year.
I have transferred houses within the Sheepfold ministry and it has taken much longer to adjust than I thought it would. Every home has its idiosyncrasies so it's been fun and stretching adjusting to new families, coworkers, commute, neighborhood, etc. If I could sum up these past 8 months into a few words I would say: Change brings lots of opportunity to practice fully relying on God...not putting my trust or joy in a person, circumstances, or state of mind.
I know this is a really short post and that it doesn't really contain any interesting or useful info. It was just time to start blogging again. God is good. He is showing me new and awesome ways to keep pursuing my life-long goal...Love God, love people. It is something I can practice and grow in regardless of where or who I am. :-)
Peace, love, and blessings!
-JJ
PS. I am hoping to post more now that I have a working laptop. I was without one for almost a year.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ebenezer, Part 2

Oysters

Desecration, Power Outages, and Throat Coat